Introducing OpenSea Pro (Your favorite Gem has been polished)
In early 2022, we were excited to see the NFT ecosystem evolve, as an emerging group of power NFT collectors drove innovation and change. To support this growing community, we acquired Gem, the leading NFT aggregator, in April. As power users continued to push the frontiers of what’s possible with NFTs, we recognized the opportunity for both Gem and OpenSea to offer more.
Over the past several months, the Gem team has been working tirelessly to build and refine the platform to its new form: Gem v2. And today, we’re officially joining forces to unveil OpenSea Pro (previously Gem v2) – the fastest and most powerful NFT marketplace aggregator available.
OpenSea Pro: the Most Powerful NFT Marketplace Aggregator
OpenSea Pro introduces a new level of optionality, selection, and control for pro collectors. Building on previous Gem designs, we’re excited to roll out a vastly improved (read: larger and more reliable) suite of features that will allow collectors to discover the best deals and insights across 170 marketplaces, and access sophisticated tools that meet their need for automation.
- Live Cross-Marketplace Data: Discover user and collection activity across NFT marketplaces – updated in real-time! OpenSea Pro now updates all data for its trending, mints, and collection pages within seconds.
- Advanced Orders: Sweep across the deepest liquidity of any NFT marketplace aggregator. OpenSea Pro gives you more control over your purchases, (trait) collection offers, and listings. With OpenSea Pro, you can upgrade your buying experience by setting orders based on maximum item price, item amount, traits, and more.
- Powerful Inventory Management: Manage your inventory with full control. Effortlessly buy, sell, and manage items across marketplaces, all while tracking your analytics at the wallet, collection, and item-level.
- Instant Sales: We aggregate every type of offer on your items from marketplaces across the space, allowing you to sell them for the best prices available (including Collection Offers, Bids, NFT pools, and more).
- Most Optimized Gas Fees: OpenSea Pro is proud to use the most gas-optimized smart contracts of any NFT aggregator – making us the most efficient place to purchase items across marketplaces.
- Mobile Compatibility: The OpenSea Pro web app is fully optimized for mobile devices and allows you to browse, sweep, and list straight from your phone.
- Other New Features including Watchlist, Live Mints Overview, Batch Transfer, and more.
Different Boats for Different Folks
We built OpenSea to serve a range of users – super fans, avid collectors, and crypto n00bs alike. OpenSea Pro, on the other hand, exists primarily to serve the power user community, who represent an important part of today’s ecosystem. Different users have different needs; and moving forward, OpenSea’s platforms will reflect the needs of these distinct user segments in our user interfaces, features, and fee structures.
To that end, you can list on OpenSea with 0% fees through OpenSea Pro (which has no additional fees) for a promotional period – and fees on OpenSea will return to our standard 2.5% (learn more here). And in the long run, as OpenSea Pro serves more advanced power users, we'll focus the OpenSea roadmap on improved discovery, simpler onboarding, more mainstream payment options, and a greater investment in creator tools (including Drops).
Gemesis NFT: A Thank You to Our Community
In celebration of the launch of OpenSea Pro, the Gem team wishes to express their heartfelt gratitude to the community members who have supported them since the platform’s very beginning. To commemorate this journey, we’re proud to announce the ‘Gemesis’ NFT drop, a special ‘thank you’ for Gem’s early adopters.
Starting later today, qualified users who bought an NFT on Gem before March 31, 2023, will be able to claim a free Gemesis NFT through May 4, 2023. Celebrate with us and mint your Gemesis NFT here!
OpenSea x OpenSea Pro
At OpenSea, our work to expand the NFT ecosystem and welcome the next 100 million people is really just beginning. Focusing on different audiences with different platforms will help create a better user experience for these increasingly distinct categories of collectors!
And we’re not forgetting about community rewards. Keep your spyglasses ready! We’re charting a different course by featuring NFTs as rewards (this will be separate from our commemorative Gemesis NFT). ⛵