Thanks to the Medium Rare & Golden State Warriors team for publishing this article with us! If you’d like to write a guest post for our blog, fill out this form.
The First Professional Sports Team To Launch An NFT
The Golden State Warriors have become the first professional sports team to launch an NFT – a collection for the record books! Consisting of two very special series minted on the blockchain – the Warriors Championship Ring NFTs and the Commemorative Ticket Stub NFTs, the limited edition NFTs will be paired with incredible physical items, including participation in a Warrior-for-a-Day experience and a custom championship ring presentation during a future game. The auction is currently live, with the main collection auction ending Saturday, May, 1 at 8 p.m. PDT and the 1-of-1 auctions ending on Sunday, May 2 at 8 p.m. PDT.
A portion of all proceeds from the auction will benefit the Warriors Community Foundation, which has granted over $22 million in impact for Bay Area educational equity since inception in 2012.
Golden State Warriors Championship Ring NFTs
The Warriors Championship Ring NFTs collection features the team’s six NBA Championship Rings, reproduced as limited-edition collector NFTs. The bidder who purchases the first edition of each Warriors NBA Championship Ring NFT will also receive a corresponding physical Warriors Championship Ring.
· 1947 NBA Championship celebrating the first championship in league history (25 editions)
· 1956 NBA Championship (25 editions)
· 1975 NBA Championship (25 editions)
· 2015 NBA Championship (50 editions)
· 2017 NBA Championship (50 editions)
· 2018 NBA Championship (50 editions)
· 1-of-1 Warriors Six-Time NBA Champion Ring
The winning bidder on the 1-of-1 Six-Time NBA Championship NFT will receive a one-of-a-kind physical ring created by jeweler Jason of Beverly Hills and receive the ring on-court at a future Warriors home game. Any collectors who purchase all six Championship Ring NFTs and complete the set will unlock a Warriors Championship Banner NFT.
Golden State Warriors Commemorative Ticket NFTs
The Warriors Commemorative Ticket Stub NFTs will bring to life some of the most iconic and memorable moments in franchise history, with each ticket stub hand-illustrated and digitally created by the famed artist Black Madre. Each Golden State Warriors Commemorative Ticket NFT is limited to just 10 editions.
- The First-Ever NBA Championship (Game 5) – Warriors vs. Stags; April 22, 1947
- 1956 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 5) – Warriors vs. Pistons; April 7, 1956
- 1975 NBA Championship (Game 4) – Warriors vs. Bullets; May 25, 1975
- We Believe First Round Upset (NBA Playoffs First Round Game 6) – Warriors vs. Mavericks; May 3, 2007
- 2015 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 6) – Warriors vs. Cavaliers; June 16, 2015
- Single Season NBA Wins Record (73) – Warriors vs. Grizzlies, April 13; 2016
- 2017 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 5) – Warriors vs. Cavaliers; June 12, 2017
- 2018 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 4) – Warriors vs. Cavaliers; June 8, 2018
- Last regular-season game at Oracle Arena – Warriors vs. Clippers; April 7, 2019
- First Game at Chase Center – Warriors vs. Clippers; October 24, 2019
- 1-of-1 Warriors Golden Ticket NFT – Commemorating franchise history over the last 75 years
The special edition Warriors Golden Ticket NFT combines 75 years of historic franchise moments into a 1-of-1 ticket stub NFT. The highest bidder will win the opportunity to participate in a Warrior-for-a-Day experience, which includes the chance to sign a mock one-day contract with the team, courtside tickets for two (2) to a Warriors home game, and more. Collectors who purchase all 10 Ticket Stub NFTs and complete the set will unlock a Warriors Historic Moment Showcase NFT.
Limited Edition Unlockable NFTs
A perk avid collectors will love, The Golden State Warriors collection includes two unlockable special edition items – a Warriors Championship Banner NFT & a Warriors Historic Moments NFT Showcase. Fans that complete the Legacy Collection of all 6 rings or all 10 ticket stubs will unlock these special items.
Jason of Beverly Hills – Jason of Beverly Hills is the luxury jewelry brand of choice for entertainment and sports stars alike. Since 2002, Jason of Beverly Hills is known globally for its one-of-a-kind diamond pieces that shatter the boundaries set forth by traditional jewelers. The brand has created custom pieces for clients like Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Dwyane Wade, Madonna, LeBron James, and even the late Michael Jackson. Launching their Championship Ring Division in 2009, Jason of Beverly Hills has collaborated with the Golden State Warriors, the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Lakers, Chelsea FC, the World Series Of Poker, and World Series Of Poker Europe.
Black Madre – “In handcraft we trust.“ Andre Maciel is a visual artist from São Paulo. Widely known for his custom illustrations for Rob Gronkowski’s record-setting NFT Collection on OpenSea, Black Madre has accumulated various awards and notable publications. His studio is a place of artistic development that enhances creativity with a focus to create and produce quality artistic content. His ethos is handcrafted work has the power to inspire people, build relationships and make ideas more powerful.
The Golden State Warriors
The Golden State Warriors were founded in 1946 in Philadelphia where they played until 1962 when they relocated to California first taking on the name San Francisco Bay Area before changing to Golden State in 1971. The Warriors are one of the most successful franchises in professional basketball holding 6 Championships and numerous records including best regular-season record, most wins in a season (regular and postseason combined), and best postseason run.