Thanks to the UNR team for publishing this article with us! If you’d like to write a guest post for our blog, let us know at [email protected]
UNR is the world’s largest owner of NFTs representing Top Level Domains. In partnership with the Ethereum Name Service, OpenSea, and Innovative Auctions, UNR is auctioning 23 ICANN-accredited TLDs, along with their newly minted NFTs, on April 28. Don’t miss this historic event to own and operate your very own TLD on the ENS and DNS!
A Groundbreaking Auction for Scarce Internet Assets
Before now, there have rarely been…
– Top Level Domains for sale to the public. 23 are now being auctioned.
– Top Level Domains purchased in cryptocurrency. 23 are now listed on OpenSea.
– Top Level Domains minted into ERC-721 NFTs. One will be assigned to each of the 23 new TLD owners.
– Top Level Domains controlled on both the ENS and DNS. You can make an offer now.
Due to their scarcity, the sale of even one TLD on the open market is considered extraordinary. These fundamental building blocks of the internet, which also include their corresponding NFTs, rarely trade hands – and almost exclusively do so via closed or private transactions.
This first-of-its-kind event will never be repeated. We hope this not only leads to democratizing the ownership of these scarce internet assets, but also that one or more future operators emerge with the vision to unlock the full potential of these TLDs on the Ethereum Name Service (ENS) and Domain Name System (DNS).
Build Your Namespace on the DNS & ENS
Top Level Domain owners join an elite club at the center of the internet. Like IP spectrum, internet fiber, and radio frequencies, TLDs are scarce assets that are fundamental to the functionality of the Internet.
Each TLD already generates its own subscription revenue. The future owners can not only use domains within their namespaces as they see fit, but also adjust their pricing models and monetize thousands of premium names and registry-owned inventory.
Owners are also free to implement new business models that leverage the Ethereum Name Service. This includes offering corresponding ENS domains to DNS customers, making the ENS the canonical source of truth, or innovating with the full power of each technology.
“ENS complements and expands the capabilities of the Domain Name System,” said Brantly Millegan, Director of Operations at Ethereum Name Service. “We’re happy to work with UNR in leading the way to increasingly bring these two worlds together.”
Read more on how owners can manage TLDs on ENS here.
No Reserves: 23 Top Level Domains & NFTs
The winner of each TLD will receive:
– Ownership rights to the Top Level Domain asset
– Ownership rights to the NFT representing their TLD on ENS
– Control of the entire TLD namespaces on DNS and ENS
– All current subscription revenue streams, and the ability to further develop and monetize their assets
.audio, .blackfriday, .christmas, .click, .country, .diet, .flowers, .game, .guitars, .help, .hiphop, .hiv, .hosting, .juegos, .link, .llp, .lol, .mom, .photo, .pics, .property, .sexy, .tattoo
To learn more about the TLDs, visit https://auction.link
Be a Part of History
OpenSea users can now make offers on UNR’s TLDs by following the steps below:
- Make an offer on OpenSea for the bidding tokens of your desired TLDs by April 23.
- Contact the Auctioneer immediately ([email protected]) to be approved as a bidder:
- Sign the NDA
- Gain access to auction data room to perform due diligence, see financials, review ongoing operational costs, etc
- Complete validation & sign bidder terms
- The Auctioneer will determine if your offer won after bidding in the traditional auctions opens on April 28-30.
- If you win the auction, the Auctioneer will accept your offer and send the Purchase Agreement for signature. No other offers will be accepted.
- Complete the ownership assignment with ICANN or use UNR’s Trustee service instead.
Serious parties are encouraged to schedule a meeting by contacting [email protected].